Skip to main content

Love Songs

I realized that I keep love songs in my head during the day, songs that I haven't heard in years or months or weeks (or days or hours)And they'll go along with me during the day. Let's take some time and analyze some of the songs that have filled my head recently.
So as of last year, I have been addicted to this one song by Lady Gaga called "Bad Romance"  and it is brilliantly done and ...evil. Here are the lyrics:
I want your love, and I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad romance
I want your love, and all your love is revenge
You and me could write a bad romance
Oh, caught in a bad romance Oh, caught in a bad romance

Now this is just the chorus of the song but as you can tell, it's not a holy song .  The singer is desiring something bad and compares love to revenge even saying that they are the same thing. Desiring something that is not good for you is definitely not of God. If we read Revelation 12, we see Satan taking his revenge  on the people of God, or the bride of Christ. Lady Gaga is definitely inkling to ward indulging in the devil's revenge against the people of God.

Now this song is in my head because one of my students keep singing songs around me.  It's Rihanna.
S.O.S. please someone help me.
It's not healthy... for me to feel this way
Y.O.U. are making this hard,
I can't take it, see it don't feel right
S.O.S. please someone help me
It's not healthy... for me to feel this way
Y.O.U. are making this hard
You got me tossin' and turnin' and can't sleep at night

[Bridge:]
This time please someone come and rescue me
'Cause you on my mind it's got me losing it
I'm lost, you got me lookin' for the rest of me
Love is testing me but still I'm losing it
This time please someone come and rescue me
'Cause you on my mind, it's got me losing it
I'm lost, you got me looking for the rest of me,
Got the best of me, so now I'm losing it

Needless to say, I really don't appreciate Rihanna's music. But clearly in this song, she's calling for help from some guy to alleviate some tension. SMH. Why is a twelve year old singing this song? SMH. The guy is not Jesus. I do not need to go into the spiritual implications here. Some desires do not need to be indulged.

Next song that I've been thinking about this week: White Flag by Dido. Here's the lyrics:
I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be
My friend tells me that this is how life is sometimes. Um ...not for me. I think to be hung up on someone so much is just depressing and difficult. Can't do it. I will try to refuse because he say life is unpredictable. But the spiritual connotation is.. well, God does call for us to surrender to Him and this song is just not surrendering, desperately clinging to the hope of a lost relationship.


So, yeah. I'm trying to stop my mind from thinking about these songs because these songs don't help me grow spiritually. SMH

Update: Focusing on Jesus is the key. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go Shorty! It's Your Birthday!

Yeah right. I did my hair. Actually my friend did it for me. My ends are a little frazzled. Unfortunately, the lady that I wanted to cut my hair waited until it was too late to contact me. She wants to reschedule for next week and if my hair is indicator now, she will be cutting off at least an inch, which means protective styles for the rest of the year. So I didn't get a proper trim because she was not free for the time she scheduled me. My ends look horrid!  But I look fly. We fly high, no lie,... Yeah... So anyway... Praise God I'm 26 years old. In other news, focusing on God is getting harder. But I am up for the challenge. I need to be in order to come correct with God. And be prepared for Jesus and other things.

Dreams never lived

We have to get rid of the idea that we understand ourselves,... -Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest I've been ignoring this idea for a couple of days, that I have not accomplished things that I have shied away from for whatever reason. It's depressing to think of how far I've gone from my unfulfilled dreams. I always settle for less than best.  I've dreamed of changing the youth program over here in California where I attend church. Never did it. I've dreamed of empowering my young people back home to make changes. Never did it. I've dreamed of becoming a Senior Youth Leader. Never finished! I've dreamed of being a Medical Missionary. Not accomplished. I dreamed of sining my own songs before people. Not done yet. I dreamed of writing tons of books. Completely unfulfilled. So in listening to the motivational speeches, I focus on things that I can do in the future rather than the things in the past that I have not accomplished but in truth, they

Complaining

Quite recently, I was speaking about having to wake up early in the morning in order to get a ride to the school. I was definitely hurt when someone responded and said that I was always complaining. Every once in a while, this person has hinted that I whine and complain. I was annoyed because to be quite honest I would love to use this person for a character comparison. Unfortunately, I actually like this person, which is why it hurt when I heard this person say this. Which made me think: Does this person even want to be around me? They don't respond to my texts and they give me strange looks. Unfortunately, I do complain but not in the spirit of being mean spirited and pessimistic. But mostly in the spirit of needing something to talk about. It annoys me that my life is only summed up in the amount of things I can complain about. It annoys me that I am not joyful enough to be better.Help me Jesus to be better. Phillipians 2:  14  Do all things without grumbling or disputing, 15  t