Skip to main content

FEARLESS

Yep I braided the back of my head last night. I just wanted to share with you guys a couple ideas and happenings.
I was watching the sunset this evening and I was excited about life as I watched the sky glow behind the horizon. As I watched, simply in awe, a humming bird zoomed past my ear. I watched it hover and then land in a tree. When not flying, he seemed to be buzzing with action, looking everywhere and glancing at everything. Then it made it's call. In that moment, with sunsetting and the humming bird in front of me, I felt alive and buzzing with new energy. I can see how the pagans find the sun worthy of worship because a sunset can be super exciting, almost a religious experience. As I watched, I felt like I could do anything and everything.

Now the verse that's really getting to me now is Colossians 1:27. Here Paul is about to reveal this great mystery of God. And this is it: Christ in you, the hope of Glory. The Living Bible puts it like this: that Christ in your hearts is your only hope of glory. I read it and I was astounded. Yes, I want Christ in me because He is the hope of glory and you may be thinking of eternal life. Jesus is the only way to eternal life. But the Living Bible puts an only there and makes that glory more selective . Yes the glory is eternal life but it also means the only hope for eternal life, the only hope of abundant life here on earth and the only hope of the Christ's character or glory being developed in you.  By putting only there, there is no other option for the Christian. Christ must live within the heart of the Christian or there is no hope. I feel like this is so important I should write more about it. Paul is so convicted that he talks about Christ every where he goes just to emphasize how important Christ in you is.

Today, I heard a sermon about how important it is for us not to think less of our witnessing, bible studying or praying abilities. To Just Do It! Specifically for me, I feel like he was talking about the witnessing thing. Just do it. I mean, Paul is so convinced of the importance of this message going to the world that he is willing to risk life and limb in order for others to hear about Christ. I'm not there. I will continue to pray about it because I know I can get there. I know it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My hair...out here in the boonies

Here's a hair update... So Korean! Look at that forehead! LML! These are some twists on a lazy Sunday Morning. Can't wait till my eye lashes and eyebrow grows back in so I could start looking less raggedy...ugh. LOL But don't my teeth look gorgeous? I left my home in Brooklyn, NY with absolutely no hair products. I know what you're thinking... AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! LOL. My bag was already over weight I was not looking forward to paying another 100 bucks to satisfy my hair's obsession with moisture. I lie. I did bring one thing with me. Kinky Curly Knot Today... A friend gave it to me and said it would be good for my curl pattern. I usually mix it with Aloe Vera juice and oils from Kimmaytube's recipe but I decided maybe I could use it by itself...super wrong. Apparently my hair has to be super wet to use it. My hair was so sticky when I first used it as a leave in by itself. I felt like it wasn't doing any good in my hair. So I mixed it with olive oi...

Die, Chick, Die!

Yeah...problems. I have cried more in these last weeks in front of people than I ever have.  First last week, I cried because I made mistakes. This week, I cried because I interjected in a confrontation between John and Nadine ( my host parents) and I felt so justified but I suppose the Holy Spirit is working in me, or maybe it was self rising up in me but I felt remorseful about my outburst and I cried in front of them again as I was apologizing to John. Poor John. Poor host  family. I believe crying is a response to the books I've been reading about dying to self. But I cannot discern whether it is the Holy Spirit or self that is causing this emotional response in me. But I am realizing the futility of self and it sucks being unstable. In other news, My hair is a mess. I slept on my twistout last night becasue I didn't want to twist them over again and risk more breakage. One side of my head is all straggly and the other side is full and luscious...

SLO

Reporting Live from Atascadero, California, this is Neon with a quick update about life on the West Coast. LOL! So yeah, there's deer eating the fruit trees and fire rings and different types of birds  and racoons trying to get into your house and 7UP!! I haven't seen this in years! In NYC, 7UP is extinct. And it was so great. I know I don't drink soda becasue it's so totally not healthy but maybe I'll drink some on birthday, hmm? LOL There's also church ice cream socials with homemade ice cream and sorbet ( can you say yummy?) and Pastor Ivor Myers preaching in the church and seminars that can benefit your social life and an eighty-nine percent caucasian population (you know God is changing me, but where am I going to get my hair done?) and a hair stylist who's going to do my hair for my b-day who I'm hoping get's it right. So much has happened in these last two weeks that I do not know where to begin, but I'm happy to be here and disconcerted...