Skip to main content

Focus on Jesus

        When I was younger, I sang with a youth choir in church. The name of the group was Mission Voices. The name of one of the songs we sang was "Focus on Glory". The purpose of the song was to admonish us as individuals not to focus on the problems of life but to keep your attention on Jesus.  At that age, I sang it because the song sounded good and I'm sure that we didn't really get the point because we still spent a lot of time focused on the little drama going on. Now I feel like we need him more now and because of the little focus we put on developing a relationship with Jesus Christ then, I feel like we're ill prepared to turn to Him now. Even the little drama we had at that time was not as complicated as the drama we got going on now that we are all grown.
        Today the pastor challenged us to find Jesus in every part of the Bible. So when you are doing your devotion and you're studying the Bible, you're not just looking for factual information, or thinking about how nice the story is. You're looking for Jesus. For example, Jesus is the light at the beginning of the world, or Jesus is the servant in Exodus 21, or the olive leaf  in the dove's beak after the flood. If you look for Jesus in every chapter in the Bible, like the two disciples walking on the road to Emmaus, your eyes will be opened to the glory word of God. Not only that but Jesus, the revelation of the glory of God will be revealed to you and your face will be lit with His glory, just like Moses, whose face shone when he came out of the mountain with God.
        So that's what I'm doing. I'm looking for Jesus in every part of the Bible so that His glory can be revealed to me and through me. To my old youth choir, I love you guys, and I'm praying for y'all. I dedicate this post to you.
Focus on Jesus' Glory and let that glory shine through you.

On to my hair, mini twists were loosed. This is me talking to my Mom on the phone before the Pastor's surprise party. I love my hair! 
Rocking the twist out, my staple style.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My hair...out here in the boonies

Here's a hair update... So Korean! Look at that forehead! LML! These are some twists on a lazy Sunday Morning. Can't wait till my eye lashes and eyebrow grows back in so I could start looking less raggedy...ugh. LOL But don't my teeth look gorgeous? I left my home in Brooklyn, NY with absolutely no hair products. I know what you're thinking... AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! LOL. My bag was already over weight I was not looking forward to paying another 100 bucks to satisfy my hair's obsession with moisture. I lie. I did bring one thing with me. Kinky Curly Knot Today... A friend gave it to me and said it would be good for my curl pattern. I usually mix it with Aloe Vera juice and oils from Kimmaytube's recipe but I decided maybe I could use it by itself...super wrong. Apparently my hair has to be super wet to use it. My hair was so sticky when I first used it as a leave in by itself. I felt like it wasn't doing any good in my hair. So I mixed it with olive oi...

My hair and discipleship

Oh man it has been a while since I've wrote in this. So let's start with my hair. Can you tell from the pic that I'm feeling my eyes? Can't wait til I can wear my contacts! Back to my hair! Right now, It's in some mini twists. This morning I washed it with tresseme naturals conditioner (the moisture one) and I left it in all day. Unfortunately, that also did nothing much to retain moisture but create a gel-like hold. The only thing that seems to work is when I put oil in my hair and I pull in back in one . So I just put water, oil and kckt in it from root to tip and I'm going to leave it out and see how my hair keeps the moisture. If this does not work, I'm going to have to invest in a good wig or moisturize every six hours, because this dry climate is going to break off all this hair I'm trying to grow. And yes, I have been watching vids with girls that have ridiculously long hair. SMH! This past weekend, I attended a discipleship training, in whi...

Die, Chick, Die!

Yeah...problems. I have cried more in these last weeks in front of people than I ever have.  First last week, I cried because I made mistakes. This week, I cried because I interjected in a confrontation between John and Nadine ( my host parents) and I felt so justified but I suppose the Holy Spirit is working in me, or maybe it was self rising up in me but I felt remorseful about my outburst and I cried in front of them again as I was apologizing to John. Poor John. Poor host  family. I believe crying is a response to the books I've been reading about dying to self. But I cannot discern whether it is the Holy Spirit or self that is causing this emotional response in me. But I am realizing the futility of self and it sucks being unstable. In other news, My hair is a mess. I slept on my twistout last night becasue I didn't want to twist them over again and risk more breakage. One side of my head is all straggly and the other side is full and luscious...