Skip to main content

Marketing Oneself

I'm that natural sister that believes you need to be judged by the content of your character and not your outward appearance. But something is becoming more and more apparent to me on a daily basis... Ain't nobody looking at your character when they first meet you.

I've noticed that there have been some things about myself that I have admired. I don't admire those things anymore. I don't know if it's maturity or the fickleness that is woman but I loved that fact that I was so simple in many things before. Now I can't stand it. People are always going to judge by outside appearance.

So things I want to change about my outside appearance.
I want longer hair - If this mean I have to give the Koreans more money so that I could where a weave that protects my hair from breakage, so be it. It definitely goes against my want to support black business. Cognitive Dissonance continues.


Wait! I might have found an alternative: http://www.bobsa.org/

I want to wear prettier flat shoes - This means I've got to have prettier feet. Which means I've got to go and pay the Korean money to get my pedicure. SMH. I really do not think this is going to happen. I will just end up doing it myself. I love them Koreans but I can't be giving them all my money.This also means that I got to wear that foot brace nightly to straighten my bunion. The Discipline is out of reach on that one.

I want clothing that is not just cheap but pretty. I will not lie about this one. This may be the hardest habit to break. I rather cheap over pretty any day but I've got to update my wardrobe so that people can respect my position of leadership.

This summer is going to be the perfect to all these things. Hopefully I'm up to the challenge.

Next Post: Self Esteem

I know I said I was going to post on the documentary of Malcolm X. That will be coming to you this Memorial weekend. It will also include some some analysis on President Barack Obama's speech at Morehouse.
Will be trying to update you on My Kwanzaa Celebration within the next 3 weeks. I'm heading home ya'll! See you in Brooklyn June 11th!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My hair...out here in the boonies

Here's a hair update... So Korean! Look at that forehead! LML! These are some twists on a lazy Sunday Morning. Can't wait till my eye lashes and eyebrow grows back in so I could start looking less raggedy...ugh. LOL But don't my teeth look gorgeous? I left my home in Brooklyn, NY with absolutely no hair products. I know what you're thinking... AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! LOL. My bag was already over weight I was not looking forward to paying another 100 bucks to satisfy my hair's obsession with moisture. I lie. I did bring one thing with me. Kinky Curly Knot Today... A friend gave it to me and said it would be good for my curl pattern. I usually mix it with Aloe Vera juice and oils from Kimmaytube's recipe but I decided maybe I could use it by itself...super wrong. Apparently my hair has to be super wet to use it. My hair was so sticky when I first used it as a leave in by itself. I felt like it wasn't doing any good in my hair. So I mixed it with olive oi...

Die, Chick, Die!

Yeah...problems. I have cried more in these last weeks in front of people than I ever have.  First last week, I cried because I made mistakes. This week, I cried because I interjected in a confrontation between John and Nadine ( my host parents) and I felt so justified but I suppose the Holy Spirit is working in me, or maybe it was self rising up in me but I felt remorseful about my outburst and I cried in front of them again as I was apologizing to John. Poor John. Poor host  family. I believe crying is a response to the books I've been reading about dying to self. But I cannot discern whether it is the Holy Spirit or self that is causing this emotional response in me. But I am realizing the futility of self and it sucks being unstable. In other news, My hair is a mess. I slept on my twistout last night becasue I didn't want to twist them over again and risk more breakage. One side of my head is all straggly and the other side is full and luscious...

I'm Amazed

Yes I'm taking a picture with my phone. And what? Look at that forehead! The majority my face is my forehead. I don't know what I'm doing with my hair. Think I'll wear my hat tonight. But look at those beautiful teeth! And those eyes! Sweet! Can wait till I grow back those eyelashes and that brow! I need to rock those contacts. Those eyes can not be hidden any longer. Bday is coming up in a month and some days. Y'all pray that my lashes grow back by then. Any who...so the reason why the phone is in the pic. I lost this phone yesterday evening when my friend was dropping me off near the mailbox so I could bring in the mail. Unfortunately, I was clueless to what occurred until I was in the house. By then I wasn't sure if I left it in the vehicle, if it was hidden in one of the bags I take with me to school, or if I had accidentally dropped it on the ground in front of the house or the mailbox. As it was already dark outside, I decided to leave the excursion fo...