Skip to main content

Things to buy, to do and stuff

Things I need to buy

Flip flops (becasue it's Cali)
hiking boots (because I want to hike)
shower comb (because I need to detangle)
shea moisture (the whole pink line, because it's dry out here)
Tresemme naturals conditioner (Because it's cheaper than shea moisture and healthier than herbal essences)
Slacks (because I can only interghange my two pairs just so much)
Casual wear (becasue I need to hang out too)
Sneakers (same as above)
toothpaste (Because my travel size is about to run out)
Brown clothes (because I have a brown shoes and tan shoes )

Things I need to do

Household Chores:
Feed kitties 2x daily about half a bowl of food outside
Fill food bowls inside with food and water as needed
Check water bowl and fountain outside
Bring in mail daily except for Sunday( left side black mailbox on end 9045)
Water flower beds and roses about every three days or as needed around house
Lock front and back doors when leaving
Put kitties' blankets on couch at night

For my online classes:
Organize and schedule how I will do the work for my online class
Attend seminars
Paticipate in Discussions
Complete major assignments

This evening, I will be attending an online seminar and going to my first choir rehearsal (YAY!)
Busy as a bee but calm as a lake. Exchanging my anxiety for His Peace.


 In hair news, my hair is twisted in big doodoo twists. Trying to make that look professional...   Just a high bun. Lord please save my hairline. LOL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Die, Chick, Die!

Yeah...problems. I have cried more in these last weeks in front of people than I ever have.  First last week, I cried because I made mistakes. This week, I cried because I interjected in a confrontation between John and Nadine ( my host parents) and I felt so justified but I suppose the Holy Spirit is working in me, or maybe it was self rising up in me but I felt remorseful about my outburst and I cried in front of them again as I was apologizing to John. Poor John. Poor host  family. I believe crying is a response to the books I've been reading about dying to self. But I cannot discern whether it is the Holy Spirit or self that is causing this emotional response in me. But I am realizing the futility of self and it sucks being unstable. In other news, My hair is a mess. I slept on my twistout last night becasue I didn't want to twist them over again and risk more breakage. One side of my head is all straggly and the other side is full and luscious...

Losing my life

Hiya! Yeah...no. I'm not practicing karate. I'm trying to sho the whole outfit and click on the upload pic button at the same time. I'm going to a sonogram. One of my new friends is having a baby and inviting the whole young adult bible study to be there. While many may believe this is private moment for the family, I'm taking advantage of the opportunity to spend some time with this people and show myself friendly. While I do understand how easy it would be for me to stay at home and just chill, I am usually a social person that wants to be outside the house and I refuse to be antisocial today when I  could experiencing something new. I live for others. Oh I forgot the shoes. And what if I'm wearing 5 different browns, including my skin color? LOL! Is the oufit appropriate? Let me know! Luke 9:24

Part 1: Raise Your Kids Right

Burning the Midnight Oil... "Who taught you to hate who you are?"  I think it's important for me to quote something I mentioned before "No t only do white people view us as less than but we also view ourselves as less then or in comparison to them ." The need we have to compare ourselves to others is so strong. And it is made fairly easy because we don't set our own standard for what is beautiful, acceptable and palatable. The society on a whole sets that standard. The society of America is %70 white. Malcolm X calls in to question the need for our society to set the standard. Why can't you as the individual set that standard? Why are you begging for access from a society who unintentionally or intentionally sees you as less than themselves? Set your own standard. Create your own access. What I believe factored into the strength of Malcolm X's convictions was his upbringing. His parents were followers of Marcus Garvey and they celebrated black pr...