Skip to main content

So breaking down my hair...

I thought it would be easy to tackle this one first because all the other blog post ideas are not as clear as stating what I did to my hair and what happened to it. On Sunday last week, I washed my hair and then I braided it to stretch it out. Then on Tuesday, I put it in a bun. My mom came on Tuesday so I let her twist my hair. When my mom twists my hair, it just seems to come out so much better than when I twist it. She used this Jane Carter Solution Hair Nourishing Creamas she twisted.
I showed her the two different textures in my hair that I attributed to heat damage. She blamed it on the braids staying in my hair too long. And then I showed her how easily my ends just break off my hair. She also blamed that the braids. I don't think it is that simple. On Sunday, after a camping trip in which my hair was layered with ash from a very warm fire, I decided to wash my hair with the twists in . First, I prepooed with Product Image, after which I sprayed with water. Then I sealed with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Hair Conditioner andGarnier Fructis Haircare Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment for Frizzy, Dry, Unmanageable Hair. I covered my head with a shower cap for about half an hour and then I washed out my hair with Head & Shoulders Itchy Scalp Care with Eucalyptus Dandruff Shampoo - 14.2 ozand conditioned with . Then, I put this Jane Carter Solution Hair Nourishing Creamon my scalp and hair and re-twisted any really fuzzy twists as I walked through Walmart (interesting experience to say the least). My mom said my hair felt really soft and smooth. My cynical mind can only describe what I feel as thin and fragile. Thanks Mom! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Die, Chick, Die!

Yeah...problems. I have cried more in these last weeks in front of people than I ever have.  First last week, I cried because I made mistakes. This week, I cried because I interjected in a confrontation between John and Nadine ( my host parents) and I felt so justified but I suppose the Holy Spirit is working in me, or maybe it was self rising up in me but I felt remorseful about my outburst and I cried in front of them again as I was apologizing to John. Poor John. Poor host  family. I believe crying is a response to the books I've been reading about dying to self. But I cannot discern whether it is the Holy Spirit or self that is causing this emotional response in me. But I am realizing the futility of self and it sucks being unstable. In other news, My hair is a mess. I slept on my twistout last night becasue I didn't want to twist them over again and risk more breakage. One side of my head is all straggly and the other side is full and luscious...

Wonderful Children

Bless my heart! Their ruder than when I first believed and ridiculously bright. Too bad intelligence does not mean wisdom. Can you believe this child in front of my face decided to kick another child, make him cry and think that it was OK for her to do that? She has lost it. Then, there are those who think their too smart to listen to any adult and they find joy in talking back to adults. Did someone say corporal punishment? No I would never do that... Any who...the Lord is good who promised, and these children do not determine my happiness. Praise Jesus! Keep my lips from guile Lord!

Losing my life

Hiya! Yeah...no. I'm not practicing karate. I'm trying to sho the whole outfit and click on the upload pic button at the same time. I'm going to a sonogram. One of my new friends is having a baby and inviting the whole young adult bible study to be there. While many may believe this is private moment for the family, I'm taking advantage of the opportunity to spend some time with this people and show myself friendly. While I do understand how easy it would be for me to stay at home and just chill, I am usually a social person that wants to be outside the house and I refuse to be antisocial today when I  could experiencing something new. I live for others. Oh I forgot the shoes. And what if I'm wearing 5 different browns, including my skin color? LOL! Is the oufit appropriate? Let me know! Luke 9:24